WEDDING PACKAGE AND SERVICES INCLUDED FOR THE FEE STATED
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between THE PHOTOGRAPHER and THE CLIENT. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to change or add to this agreement is to do so in writing, provided that the document is signed by THE PHOTOGRAPHER and THE CLIENT.
2. PAYMENT: Upon receipt of this signed contract, THE PHOTOGRAPHER will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the deposit of £250 is non-refundable. The deposit is applied towards the contracted wedding photography package. THE CLIENT agrees that the entire amount owed for the wedding photography package described in the contract is due at least 14 days before the wedding. The deposit is for the reservation of the wedding date agreed to at the time of booking. Non-receipt of the full balance by the due date will be deemed cancellation of the contract by THE CLIENT. All additional goods must be paid for in full on ordering. This includes extra prints, albums, special editing and rendering of images and any other services ordered after the event.
3. CANCELLATION: In the event that THE CLIENT cancels the contracted services for wedding photography outlined in this contract before the wedding ceremony takes place, the deposit will be forfeited. If the event is cancelled within three months of the date, the client shall pay the balance of the contract due to the high probability that Dover Design Photography will not be able to further book that date. In the event that Dover Design Photography cancels contracted services, he will be responsible for a full refund of payments rendered, including deposit, excluding fair market value for services rendered to THE CLIENT (i.e. an engagement session).
4. HOUSE RULES: The photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official or the reception site management. THE CLIENT agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is THE CLIENT’S responsibility; Dover Design Photography will offer technical recommendations only.
5. DIGITAL NEGATIVES, PRINTS and COPYRIGHTS: UK Copyright Law states that the copyright of photographs remains with THE PHOTOGRAPHER. A full licence to print will be granted to THE CLIENT upon full payment of the CD inclusive photography package. The digital images taken by THE PHOTOGRAPHER are for personal use by THE COUPLE and their friends and relatives. If selling the wedding photos for profit THE CLIENT, their friends and relatives must obtain permission from THE PHOTOGRAPHER. THE PHOTOGRAPHER retains the right to use images for marketing purposes as required. This may include display on THE PHOTOGRAPHER’s website, blog and Facebook business page.
6. MODEL RELEASE: THE CLIENT hereby grants THE PHOTOGRAPHER the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of THE CLIENT or in which THE CLIENT may be included for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and/or medium considered standard by the wedding industry. Such mediums/purposes include, but are not limited to: advertising, Internet promotion, photographic contests, public displays, photography books, wedding blogs, studio display, sample wedding albums, and any other use thought proper by THE CLIENT and considered standard by the wedding industry.
7. EXCLUSIVITY / GUEST PHOTOGRAPHY: It is understood that THE PHOTOGRAPHER will act as the sole and exclusive paid wedding photographer. THE PHOTOGRAPHER reserves the right to prohibit guest photography during formal photography times if guest photography interferes with formal photographs.
8. COMPLETION SCHEDULE: Digital processing takes approximately 2-4 weeks. In the event that THE PHOTOGRAPHER does not present THE CLIENT with final, edited images within six months of the event, THE CLIENT will be eligible for a full refund of services offered, not to exceed the amount paid for services rendered, listed within this contract.
9. CHANGE OF WEDDING DATE: The deposit paid to THE PHOTOGRAPHER is for the reservation of the wedding date agreed to at the time of booking. If a change of date is necessary, the deposit is refundable provided that THE PHOTOGRAPHER has not received any other inquiries for that wedding date.
If THE PHOTOGRAPHER has received other inquiries for that date and THE CLIENT opts to change the wedding date, the deposit will only be refunded if THE PHOTOGRAPHER is able to book another wedding for the date that THE CLIENT’S deposit applied to before THE CLIENT’S change of wedding date.
10. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternate photographer. THE PHOTOGRAPHER will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer that is able and willing to provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at a similar price. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package, including refund of the deposit.
THE PHOTOGRAPHER makes every effort to produce the highest quality photographs possible, including using professional grade equipment, professional grade backup equipment, and making multiple backup copies of images. However, in the unlikely event of THE CLIENT’S photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons beyond THE PHOTOGRAPHER’s control, their liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package, including deposit. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.
THE PHOTOGRAPHER is not responsible for the lack of coverage due to weather conditions, scheduling complications due to lateness of individuals, rules and restrictions of venue, or the rendering of decorations of the location.
The photography schedule and selected methodology are designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of THE CLIENT in a manner enjoyed by all parties involved. THE CLIENT and THE PHOTOGRAPHER agree that positive cooperation and punctuality are therefore essential. Shooting commences at the scheduled time. Should the ceremony start late due to any reason whatsoever, THE PHOTOGRAPHER will not be held liable for any photographs not taken.
11. AMENDMENTS: This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognized as the entirety of the agreement. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by THE CLIENT and THE PHOTOGRAPHER at the time of acceptance of this contract shall be recognised as amendments to this contract.